Some Asian companies will benefit from yen weakness
- Dollar at Risk if Soft US Data Underpins Fed QE Continuity Bets(dailyfx.com) The US Dollar may continue to decline if soft economic data underpins Fed QE continuity expectations. The Yen rose on risk aversion and BOJ rhetoric overnight.
Dollar May Fall as Soft US Data Underpins Fed QE Continuity Bets
Yen Gains on Risk Aversion, Kuroda Remarks in Quiet Asian Trade
The economic calendar is relatively…
- Crude oil futures down 1.97 per cent on weak Asian cues(news.in.msn.com) Crude oil futures down 1.97 per cent on weak Asian cues
New Delhi, Apr 15 (PTI) Crude oil futures prices today fell by 1.97 per cent to Rs 4,877 per barrel after speculators reduced exposures amid a weakening trend in the Asian trade.
At the Multi Commodity Exchange, crude oil for delivery in April fell by Rs 98 or 1.
- Asian shares steady, yen faces fresh low vs. dollar(news.yahoo.com) By Chikako Mogi TOKYO (Reuters) – Asian shares crept higher and the yen faced fresh lows on Friday as the Bank of Japan’s liquidity injections and Wall Street’s record-high close overnight continued to underpin investor confidence. Since the BOJ pledged last week to inject about $1.4 trillion into the Japanese economy to end decades of deflation…
- Week in FX Asia – Is Future Yen Weakness A Myth? | OANDA Forex Blog(forexmg-pt.com) Certainly a concern to the lemming bear Yen trades out there is that USD/JPY price action has very much disappointed after the BoJ leadership sailed through Japan’s parliament. Buying USD/JPY has been the “no brainer trade” to date, fueled by better than anticipated US fundamental data and supported by the expected reflation BoJ efforts next month.
- Laos’ GDP growth remains robust amid economic challenges: ADB (emergingfrontiersblog.com) Reposted from Xinhuanet News The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has forecast Laos’ economic growth at 7.7 percent in 2013 and 2014, higher than the region’s average. ADB’s flagship annual economic publication, Asian Development Outlook 2013, released on Tuesday in Laos’ capital city of Vientiane, identifies the electricity and mining sectors as the…
- Aust bonds stronger as stocks fall(news.theage.com.au) Aust bonds stronger as stocks fall
Australian bond futures are stronger following sharp falls on local and Asian share markets.
JP Morgan interest rate strategist Sally Auld said local bond futures prices moved higher during Thursday’s local session amid weakness among stocks.
“Stock markets both here and across Asia were pretty weak…