A gold coin is a coin made mostly or entirely of gold. In modern times, most gold coins are intended either to be sold to collectors, or to be used as bullion, a store of wealth in this age of massive quantitive easing and unencumbered printing of the fiat currency. As you can see from the price chart above, the spot price of gold has fallen over the past few days, as at 2 August 2013 (the date I’m writing this post) and the majority of commentators are saying that the price of precious metals are heavily manipulated, and with every round of QE, as the prices are expected to jump, they invariably fall.
My Forex Trading plan for XAUUSD this weekend
Aside: The spot gold price has just formed an entry signal in the strategy I’m following, see picture below, and I’m going to place a buy trade, hoping for the price to shoot up over the next few days and give me some profit. If you’re interested in trading gold short term, like I’m doing, please contact me.
Regardless of the corruption in the fiat currency and world markets; gold, silver and precious metals have always been seen as a safe haven and a place the investors rush to secure their wealth. I’ve written before how my dream is to afford enough money to invest in gold and similar precious metals, and in this post I want to take a tour of the various gold coins from around the world and their history. Then we’ll explore Regal Assets and how dealing with this company can secure your financial investment future.
South Africa’s iconic gold coin is probably the most famous of all the coins from around the world. Born in 1967, you can find more information about this coin here.
American Eagle Gold Coin
The American Eagle Gold Coin is the official bullion coin of the USA. The coin was created in 1985 and is popular with collectors since its first minting. If you’re American, or as they say it, “If your American”, is the perfect gold asset to own. The coins are available in 4 sizes – 1/10 ounce, 1/4 ounce, 1/2 ounce and a single ounce. The costs of these coins vary in accordance with dimensions of the coin. There are two varieties of American eagle gold coins. They are bullion and proof. The Eagle Coins are a sound investment recognized for their guaranteed high quality and content of gold backed by the government. More on this coin in another post.
Canadian Gold Maple Leaf
The Canadian Gold Maple Leaf is the official bullion gold coin of Canada, and is produced by the Royal Canadian Mint. The coin was introduced in 1979 when the only other bullion coin was the Krugerrand, which was not widely available because of sanctions and the economic boycott of apartheid-era South Africa. The coin is offered in 1⁄25 oz., 1⁄20 oz., 1⁄10 oz., 1⁄4 oz., 1⁄2 oz., and 1 oz. denominations and is guaranteed to contain the stated amount. The coins have legal tender status in Canada for their face values ($1, $5, $10, $20 and $50), subject to the Canadian Currency Act and the Royal Canadian Mint Act. In 1988 Maple Leaf coins have also been struck in platinum, having the same weights and face values as the gold coins.
Why Use Regal Assets
With an A+ rating from the BBB and a preferred membership with TrustLink, Regal Assets is a leader in the precious metals industry. They offer, among others, gold bullion and coins from various countries around the world. The company enjoys an A+ rating in Better Business Bureau listings as well as a 5-star rating on TrustLink, BBB’s rating and forum site for consumer opinion. The most popular offering by Regal Assets is the Gold IRA portfolio which, if you’re American, you’ll know it allows you to invest in precious metals and apply them toward your 401K or any other retirement plan. If you’re considering investing in precious metals, I highly suggest checking this company out, and not only because I’m an affiliate and will earn a small percentage as a commission. They will also buy back the gold coins from you at current market rates so if your investment appreciates over time, you’ll have a ready buyer. So go ahead, make my day and take a look at Regal Assets to test their track record. They guarantee deliver within 7 days, and you’ll also have a very happy author thanking you for taking advantage of this opportunity.
Related gold coin articles
- Buy Krugerrands Online A Krugerrand is a South African gold coin and considered to be the world’s most popular and best known gold coin. It was first minted in 1967 in order to help market and promote South African gold and as a means for individuals to own gold privately. I didn’t know that the coins have legal tender status this country but are not actually intended…
- $80M Gold Coins, Federal Fraud and King Farouk $80M worth of US gold coins have been tied up with the Egyptian royal family, after the coins were supposed to be confiscated by the US mint and somehow they wound up in private collectors hands. We look at the story on this clip from the Buzzsaw conspiracy news with Tyrel Ventura and Tabetha Wallace. …
- Gold Coins from Sunken 1715 Spanish Galleon Found at Ocean’s Bottom near Florida A total of 48 gold “escudos” making up part of the treasure from a 17th-century galleon have been recovered on Florida’s east coast, the media reported Monday. The salvage company 1715 Fleet – Queens Jewels LLC removed the gold coins on the weekend from the ocean bottom and the firm’s owner, Brent Brisben, estimated the combined value of the…
- Auberge de Provence gold and silver coin issue The Central Bank is issuing two numismatic coins today, in gold and in silver, depicting the Auberge de Provence.This will be the fifth of the Auberges of the Knights of St John that will be depicted as part of the bank’s coin programme. The gold coin has a face value of €15 while the silver coin has a face value of €10.
- Sale of gold coins, bars in AP to be hit All India Gems and Jewellery Trade Federation gives a call to its over 6 lakh members to stop bullion sale for the next six months to complement the government’s efforts to bring down current account deficit The sale of gold coins and bars is likely to take a major hit in the coming days in the State.
- Investing in Precious Metals I’ve always dreamed about wealth enough to invest in precious metals and with my income goals being accomplished, I’m beginning to turn my attention to investing in gold and silver. I’ve researching at the moment, and this is what I’ve found so far: You can invest in precious metals in a variety of ways ranging from safe and conservative to…
- $250K in gold coins found off Fla. coast Treasure hunters found 48 gold “escudo” coins in the wreckage of a Spanish galleon. “Constantly searching for a needle in a haystack” is what Brent Brisben says he does for a living, and on days like Saturday, the payoff makes the work worthwhile. Brisben owns the 1715 Treasure Fleet Queen’s Jewels salvage company.
- Varieties of Gold Coins San Francisco Gold coins are a precious treasure Gold coins San Francisco are a never ending treasure. Most people invest in gold coins due to their historical significance and ever increasing value. However one should not invest in gold coins if he does not have complete knowledge about trading in gold and bullion market. Coins of gold are a precious treasure.
- Gold Bullion Gold bullion is a bulk form of the precious metal used for trading on commodity markets. Gold bullion is usually cast into ingots or coins. Gold bullion, a form of gold used to make trading easy, gets its value from the relative rarity of the metal itself. Value of gold bullion is further determined by the mass and purity of the coin or ingot.
Thanks and Blessings Haroun