The facts of this day
Winter Solstice Time = 07:03:25
Sunrise = 06:54:44
Sunset = 17:24:33
Day Duration = 10 Hours 29 Mins 49 Secs
Previous Day Duration = 10 Hours 29 Mins 50 Secs
Next Day Duration = 10 Hours 29 Mins 50 Secs
is instrumental in knowing the significance of it. Because of the precessional tilt of the planet, we experience the sun moving to its furthest point north in the sky, and slowly start to come back South. If Jeshua was as Seffrican as Moses is claiming to be his incarnate, then an investigation should prove his birthday to be June 25, the day that the god is born again in all the solar cults.
Some interesting articles, events and blogs I found online are:
- Winter Solstice Sadhana is an all-inclusive retreat for the body and soul that includes Kundalini Yoga and Meditation workshops, 3 days of White Tantric Yoga©, daily Group Sadhana, Live Music, Dancing, and more. http://www.3ho.org/events/winter-solstice-sadhana
- The equinoxes, solstices and seasons only exist because the axis of rotation of the Earth is at an angle of 23.4 degrees, to the vertical with respect to the plane (the ecliptic) formed by the revolution of the Earth about the sun. http://science.knowledgeevolution.net/solstice.php
- Here’s a picture of the day and night sides of Earth at instant of June 2013 solstice. We here in South Africa will be at the breaking of day… http://earthsky.org/tonight/solstice-comes-at-504-universal-time-on-june-21-2013
- This is a poignant time to stop and listen, to harmonize our energy and reassess our connection to our spirit and life’s purpose. It is a powerful time of re-birth and transformation – to acknowledge our shadow, heal our wounds, release old thought patterns and align with our destiny. Yogi Bhajan said “Revolve your life around summer and winter solstice and everything will be taken care of.’ http://kmyoga.com/winter-solstice-june-21-2013-by-kathryn/
- Solstice Meditation – The Return of the Dove, 21st June 2013, New York City Ripley Grier Studios, 520, 8th Avenue (Bet. 36th & 37th Streets) 16th Floor, New York, NY 10018, http://www.ripleygrier.com http://acastdotme.wordpress.com/workshops-courses-and-events/master-teaching-class/master-teaching-class-the-return-of-the-dove-21st-june-2013-new-york/
- Friday, June 21, 2013
Solstice Rays – Light and Shadow
FREE Summer Solstice Event!
7:00-8:00pm Eastern; 4:00-5:00pm Pacific
Cathleen and Elizabeth
As you can see not much happening in Johannesburg. Any ideas?
Other Zemanta Suggested Related articles are
- Celebrating Cosmogenesis @ Winter Solstice (pagaiancosmology.com) Traditionally Winter Solstice has been celebrated by the ancients – our Gaian ancestors in many regions – as the birth of Light, the birth of Form. The stories of many cultures tell of the Great Mother giving birth to the Divine Child at this time of year. It is this Sabbat for which the ancient pre-Celtic indigenous Europeans apparently built…
- Mother-Matrix for Winter Solstice (pagaiancosmology.com) MOTHER Mother … mother Matrix of whom I am a part Elements flux in and out a continuation of the Original Ovulation. In silence I reach to increase the space inside of me. As traction decompresses the spine Silence and stillness decompress my spirit, quickening new electro-chemical impulses in my matrix … matter …
- Stunning Astronomical Alignment Found at Peru Pyramid(livescience.com) Stunning Astronomical Alignment Found at Peru Pyramid Owen Jarus, LiveScience Contributor Date: 06 May 2013 Time: 09:37 AM ET Archaeologists have discovered a pyramid in southern Peru, built between 600 B.C. and 50 B.C. ago, would have aligned with two stone lines and the setting sun during the winter solstice.
- YogaRave: Winter Solstice(yogaraver.com) Winter Solstice marks the shortest day of the year, this means it’s time to turn up the heat and raise your vibration with New York City’s Lotus Flow yoga. It’s simple: Yoga, DJ, dark room, glowsticks, throw down on the dance floor, move like yourself. All levels welcome. Duration: 1hr Lotus Flow Yoga, 1/2hr Sensory Yoga, 1/2hr dance $30 cash at…
- We are in the Month of June already …. Solstice is near ….(illuminations2012.wordpress.com) Reblogged from “Mandala Shaman” email@example.com June & the Summer Solstice Posted on 06/03/2013 Summer Solstice – June 21st – love blossoms as Summer begins. The Summer Solstice is also referred to as the Midsummer Solstice because it falls between the planting and harvesting … Continue reading…
- Summer Solstice(biotonicbrickell.wordpress.com) On june 21st, 2013, in the Northern hemisphere, the Sun will reach its highest point in the sky. It will be the first day of Summer, and will result in the longest day and the shortest night of the Year. In Iceland, this day is marked with 24 hour Sun also known as the Midnight Sun, and countless activities to celebrate that special day.
- Spring Kundalini Yoga Festival Johannesburg 2013 (harounkola.com) This year during the Southern Hemisphere Equinox the Kundalini Yoga Community is assembling in the Cradle of Humankind to present South Africa’s first ever Spring Festival of Kundalini Yoga. The theme for our inaugural event is AWAKENING. Come together over Spring Equinox (20th till 24th September) to be with your spiritual sisters and brothers in…
- Solstice(yargazzle.wordpress.com) This summer solstice is gonna be cool. I have some ideas I jotted down to keep in mind for it. Cast golden flowers or herbs into the air from a hill or open place, a handful at a time, making empowerments for courage and achievement to the winds and naming for each handful a plan to begin or bring to fruition starting tomorrow.
- Manhattanhenge(angiesophy.wordpress.com) In a bi-annual double cycle, usually… at sunset on around May 28/29/30/31 and July 11/12/13 (circling the summer solstice) …as well as… at sunrise on around December 5 and January 8 (circling the winter solstice) …the blissfully deceased city planning engineers of early Manhattan get their rewards for being obvious geniuses by…
- Everything you need to know: June solstice 2013 (earthsky.org) Planet Earth, as een from the sun, at the instant of the June 2013 solstice (2013 June 21 at 5:04 Universal Time (12:04 a.m. CDT in the U.S.) Image credit: Earth and moon Viewer It’s that beautiful time of year again in the Northern Hemisphere, when the June solstice – your signal to celebrate summer – is nearly upon us.