Most of these forex brokers listed here are great for beginners & some only require a small minimum deposit to start trading. Some offer free training and regular webinars to help with your education and to understand what the market is doing at the moment.
More advanced traders can find ECN, STP or NND brokers.
Here are some of my favourite brokers:
- AVATrade - New Offices in Sandton, a global broker with a local presence.
- Markets.com - Offering a no deposit bonus worth R250 for new traders.
- Blackstone Futures - Johannesburg based
- GT247 - Moved to Auckland Park recently. One of the few that offer CFDs on JSE stocks (a truly SA broker)
- Khwezi Trade - Cape Town based
- CM Trading - Claim to be Africa's biggest brokers
- FxPrimus - The safest broker to trade with (so they say)
- AxiTrader - The first broker I started with.
- Dukascopy - Swiss Based broker that offers STP trading
- XM - People who trade with XM love them
- Mt. Cook - Boutique broker from Australia with an FSB regulation.
- Blackwell Global - I'm about to get a test account, so I'll know more soon.
- Swiss Markets - Got some interesting STP account types with various spreads and commissions as you grow.
- BDSwiss - Forex & Binary Options and trade on weekends too.
- Hot Forex - Opened an office in SA recently, Making waves.
- Forex Time - What a name, they are FSB regulated though.
- JP Markets - Local lad opens his own brokerage. Offices mushrooming up over the land.
- JustForex - Just do it, if you must.
- IronFx - Still here, even though some don't like them much
Greg takes a closer look at the week to come.Read More
Stocks dipped a bit, forex is rangebound, but it’s bonds and the trade war we need to watch.Read More
It was a massive data-heavy day in across the major markets today with Eurozone and US data due for release. James Hughes talks you through the major movements.Read More
Greg looks into the charts that matter this week in Crypto markets.Read More
US President Trump criticized Fed’s policy on interest rate hikes yesterday, contrary to Fed Chair Powell’s testimony on Tuesday’s Semiannual Monetary Policy Report where he supported Fed’s gradual approach to hiking.Read More
The LMAX Exchange has published research that seeks to transform how the global FX market understands the cost of trading and quality of execution. The paper aims to begin a period of FX industry engagement, debate and agreement to better market structures that benefit all participants.
The white paper is available to download here.
2017 has already been an interesting year. This is always good for volatility which traders long...Read More
In the euro’s latest breakout to fresh 2017 highs, if the market continues above 1.09 its next measured move targets 1.1230 or 1.14. The market is well supported at 1.0570. The pound/dollar has seen a breakout above 1.2775, December’s peak following the low of 1.1840 last October. This sees a potential move upwards to 1.35. Dollar/yen has been trading in a downtrend within the last few days. But if price is contained below 112.20 sees potential downside.
Click here to find out all the other market analysis.Read More
The euro retains its bid tone as it continues to maintain its strength after finding support at 1.0570.
Cable sees a major breakout this week at 1.2775 which could signal a major change in the price structure. Pull backs will probably be supported in the 1.24-1.25 area.
Click here to see more analysis here.